[tournament-org] TournamentEntryGrades

Jenny Rofe-Radcliffe jenny at durge.org
Mon Jun 17 17:49:30 BST 2019

Hi Geoff,

In the case of a TD as relaxed as the one you describe, none of the
proposals in this thread would help them, unfortunately - if we wish to
help them, we have to come up with some other magic.

For those of us conscientious enough to make sure we enter the bulk of the
entry list into GoDraw in advance of the tournament, Matt's second
suggestion would very simply remind us if it's a long time since we
downloaded a player list. I cannot possibly see a down side to that. Rich's
suggestion of an automated version sounds very nice, but I can see that it
would be significantly harder, and so I don't think it's needed.

Matt's first suggestion - that GoDraw look at the players' GoR to derive a
grade, rather than their last-tournament-entry-grade - is a fantastic idea.
It would still need manual checking, but it would remove a big chunk of the
"discrepancies" I find myself looking at. Again, I cannot see a down side
to it, unless it would be radically more work than I am imagining.

Thanks,

Jenny