[tournament-org] Things a Tournament Director hates

Andrew Ambrose-Thurman andrew at ambrose.thurman.org.uk
Tue Apr 11 12:24:49 BST 2023

On Tuesday, 11 April 2023, Geoff Kaniuk via tournament-org <
tournament-org at lists.britgo.org> wrote:

> One solution that could be considered is to project the pairing on a wall
> - so the font could be made very large indeed.

We do this at Durham (and have done for years) - but it's not
straightforward, as you need to print it to PDF then show the PDF on the
projector. It would be good to have something like an independent window
built in to GoDraw that sensibly shows the draw full screen, without
needing the intermediate steps.

(My ideal would be to run GoDraw in the cloud, so everyone could access the
draw on their phones from a web interface - if you do release the code at
some point in the future, I'd be interested in trying to produce something
like this; assuming I could actually find enough spare time to write it...)

Andrew