[tournament-org] Learning from Arundel Tournament

Matt Marsh matt at crazedbytes.net
Thu Sep 6 12:04:37 BST 2018

Thanks for the handy advice Sue! It's always good to be thinking about
these things.
I'll add a tip of my own, if I may...

When a round is starting, I walk around with a printed copy of the draw:
 * *Check that the correct players are playing each other*
 * *Check that the players are using the correct colour stones* (had to
   correct this a couple of times...)
 * *Check that any handicap stones have been applied* (again had to
   correct this a few times...)
 * *Check that clocks seem to be operating *(sometimes easier said than
   done depending on the room, placement of the clock etc)
 * *Start any clocks where players are missing *(I personally give 5
   minutes grace from the draw being published/round start time,
   whichever is later)
A few minutes spent on doing the above can save a lot of hassle later
on!
I'm sure that a lot of people do similar things already, but hope it
helps someone.
Thanks,
Matt

--