[tournament-org] EGD-results-submission

Gerry Gavigan gerry at gavigan.me.uk
Thu Jan 26 17:33:46 GMT 2023

Geoff,

Thank you for the heads up. Consent, privacy and a data usage policy are embedded in our website and tournament pages. .

I don't know what problem the EGF/EGD are trying to solve with the declarations but I wonder if they have sought legal advice or if someone has written something that sounds reasonable to their ears.

I know of a tournament in Rennes, pre-covid, in which the policies had not been made explicit and someone kicked up. It took 18 months to resolve. Arnaud will be able to tell you more.

However if someone has identified a specific issue (e.g., someone, somewhere, has established a need for informed consent) then to would be helpful to know because that will require a positive action from tournament organisers "tick this box" or similar.

Given that it is the BGA that submits the results I wonder to whet extent this ties the BGA into a tournament's privacy and data usage policy policy.

Gerry