[tournament-org] TrigantiusLessonI

TobyManning ptm at tobymanning.co.uk
Sun Mar 17 22:43:25 GMT 2019

Two comments:-

1) I think we need to change the mind-set about early registration.

For example, it is 90% certain I will be going to Durham - yet I have
not yet entered. Why not? It would be helpful to the organisers, even if
I had later to pulll out, and we rarely (never?) penalise people for
pulling out, particularly if they let the organiser know in a timely
fashion.

2) I quote: "/The late surge induced the problem of locating sufficient
tables in the venue for use by the extras. This took time, delayed the
start of registration and we were not able to recover the time.//" /

But this should not be the case; one needs separate responsibilities
(for registration,  furniture,  equipment, perhaps -although not in the
Cambridge case - tea and coffee...

Locating tables should not have delayed regisatration.

The lesson is that a tournament like Trigantius cannot be run by one
person alone.

Toby

--
Toby Manning