[tournament-org] TournamentEntryGrades

Geoff Kaniuk geoff at kaniuk.co.uk
Mon Jun 17 15:08:48 BST 2019

Thanks Jenny.

I am not sure I understand your first question. I am not against using
technology and much of it actually does work most of the time. What I am
concerned about is TD's becoming over confident and not adequately
preparing for the draw before the tournament starts.

I also believe in solving problems in the simplest way possible. But the
solutions proposed rely on TD's being prepared to update their files
shortly before the tournament starts. Not all do.

Example:
TD arrives at venue 9am to open up for a Tournament to start at 10:15,
and knows latest player list with up to date grades can be downloaded
from BGA site. Tries to download file but internet connection is down.
Checks provider status which says we are currently in maintenance and
will be up and running at 11:30 - sorry for the inconvenience!

Geoff

33 Ashbury Close, Cambridge CB1 3RW 01223 710582