[tournament-org] PrinterForUse

Geoff Kaniuk geoff at kaniuk.co.uk
Tue Oct 9 11:02:26 BST 2018

I received the emails below from John Collins who has am HP inkjet
printer owned by the BGA and this can be used for tournaments.

Bottom line is it not small - its box measures 35x47x19 cm. So probably
suitable if you are going by car to tournaments.

If you are interested, please contact him personally.

--
Geoff

33 Ashbury Close, Cambridge CB1 3RW 01223 710582

About 4 or 5 years ago I bought a colour HP inkjet printer as an
alternative to
the BGA laptop which the BGA "paid for" (netted out of the levy for a WGC
tournament).

In fact it never has been used apart from WGC tournaments - about 4 times.

It dries up and the cartridges have to be expensively replaced in
between - but
I found that putting a bit of sellotape over the print heads between uses
overcame that so it's not quite as bad.

It really ought to do the rounds as an alternative to the BGA laptop for
people
with Godraw running rather sitting uselessly in my garage for 364 days
every year.

In case you ask - I've got a posh colour laser so I don't want it
myself. St
Albans Go club doesn't want it (especially if they hae to pay for it).

Otherwise it'll just sit there in my garage. At least it's put away
reasonably
tidily so it's not gathering too much dust.

Yes it's still in the original box which is in a good condition which has a
carrying handle.

Probably need to get a spare blck cartridge. The colour one in it has
dried up
and I have an unopened replacement.

Alas you can't get these weeny ones any more so whilst it's not
particularly
heavy it's bulkier than I'd like -out of the box  it's about the size of 2
closed laptops on top of each other but much lighter. The box is 35x47x19 cm

Oh and it works as a copier tand scanner too

And it's got a wireless print thing which I've never bothered to try to
get to
work. I've put a USB cable in the box.

Only thing that annoys me is it prints a test page every time you switch
it on.