[tournament-org] WhereIsTheBar

Neil Sandford neil.sandford at neilsandford.co.uk
Tue Oct 2 13:10:07 BST 2018

What this means is that there are actually two competitions being fought at the same time. One will be won (almost certainly) by the 5D. The other is for recognition of the highest placed person who was not entered into the above-bar competition.  If you have a large number of equally ranked strong-ish (say 2D-1K) entrants, some will not be able to play their stronger peers unless there are exactly (rounds + 1) players above the bar - four in a typical one-day comp, seven for a weekend.   Can the split be done by GoR?

Neil