[tournament-org] Referee workshop at the EGC

Matt Marsh matt at crazedbytes.net
Wed Jul 18 21:59:25 BST 2018

Hi all,

For anyone attending the EGC in Pisa this year, I notice that a 'referee
workshop' has been recently added to their schedule. The current
schedule has it on Wednesday August 1st from 09:00 - 16:00 (CEST).

I don't have any more details about it - but I expect anyone is free to
attend if you're interested in improving your refereeing skills... I
will almost certainly attend. GeoffK & I have both attended one of these
in the past, so feel free to ask any questions if you're considering it.

On a related note, I'm planning on holding some form of tournament
organiser's training session in the UK at some point. Not to cover only
refereeing, but also other aspects related to running tournaments. The
exact format will be driven largely by those who indicate that they'd be
interested in attending and the topics they'd like to be covered. I'll
post more about this in the next few weeks, but in the meantime I
welcome any thoughts on it.

Thanks,
Matt

--