[Newsletter] BGA: President's Message

Jil Segerman jil.segerman at gmail.com
Sun May 22 14:35:55 BST 2022

On Thursday, May 26,  we have the Association's AGM (online) at 19:30. Full
details are available at https://www.britgo.org/history/accounts This is a
"members only" page so you will need to logon.  ZOOM meeting details will
be added there in the next few days.

This is normally a routine, possibly even boring, meeting, but this year's
AGM is possibly the most significant’one in our history, and I hope that as
many people as possible will attend.

Following on from the vote at the 2021 AGM, when members agreed in
principle to convert,  Council is proposing to change the legal status of
the BGA to a Company Limited by Guarantee.  Details of this are at
www.britgo.org/conversion , and *I encourage you to attend and support this
proposal *so that it can go ahead.

If you cannot/do not want to attend the AGM, you can always vote by proxy:
details are available alongside the Agenda link above. If you are not sure
about who to appoint to hold your proxy vote, then I am happy to hold it
and will vote according to your instructions.

And if all this leaves you cold, please be assured that we have designed
the conversion process so that you will see minimal change to both the way
we operate, and the services etc. that the BGA provides.
Toby Manning
President.