[Newsletter] BGA President's message

Jil Segerman jil.segerman at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 11:54:37 GMT 2022

President Toby Manning has asked me to forward the following to our members

"On August 22 we stated that the formal conversion to a Company Limited
by Guarantee (CLG) would take place on November 22, and that on this
date all the assets of the unincorporated BGA would transfer to the new
Company.

Unfortunately we were told that we would need a new Bank Account, and it
is taking rather longer than we would like to have this set up. We are
still waiting for Nat West to formally open the new account - we do not
believe there are any problems in principle, it is just a matter of time.

Accordingly we missed the 22 November target. As it is now close to the
end of our financial year, we have set, for administrative convenience,
31 December as our new target although this does depend on timescales
set by the Bank.

I would emphasise that, in practical terms, this delay will not affect
the day-to-day operation of the BGA. Existing members will retain all
their rights and privileges until their subscription expires, after
which they will be invited to rejoin as a member of the CLG. Similarly
those who have joined the new company will have the same privileges
(until the conversion date) as members of the existing BGA."

Best wishes for the festive season, from me and Toby

Jil Segerman
Newsletter Editor