[Newsletter] Newsletter - BGA AGM

Colin Williams colin_williams at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Jul 5 13:23:23 BST 2020

Greetings,

This is a special message using the Newsletter mailing list to advertise the
BGA AGM, which this year will be an on-line meeting on Tuesday 7th July at
20:00.

To attend you should download  <https://zoom.us/> Zoom (in the unlikely
event that you have not already done so). You do not need to register. If
you do intend to come to the virtual meeting, it will be helpful please if
you could let Colin Williams know on Colin_Williams at blueyonder.co.uk
<mailto:Colin_Williams at blueyonder.co.uk> . Please mention if your Zoom
handle, if you have one, differs from your real name. As per the
constitution the quorum for the AGM is 20 members, so please attend if you
can.

All the relevant papers for the meeting have been posted on the BGA website,
in the Members area (so you will need to log in), here
https://www.britgo.org/agm2020.

If you want a quick practice run in using Zoom before the meeting please let
Colin know and he will set one up for you, subject to availability.

Colin (who will be taking over from Jonathan as BGA Secretary) will be
"running" the meeting behind the scenes. Toby will chair it, and Jonathan
will take the minutes. Shortly before the meeting another Newsletter e-mail
will arrive with the meeting invite. This will include a link; just click on
it and follow the instructions.

The exact position of the Zoom controls on the screen may vary depending on
the device you are using, but the following should be possible on all
devices:

*	Please click on the "participants" icon: this will show a list of
participants. If you wish to speak, please use the "raise hand" control and
you will see a raised hand beside your name. This may be a separate button
or may be accessed by right-clicking on your name in the participants list.
Toby will then invite you to speak. Please only shout out if you feel that
this mechanism is not working.
*	It is up to you whether you enable/disable your voice and video
channel. Colin has the power to mute your audio, but will only do so in the
event that it is causing disruption. Please try to use a location with a
minimum of background noise. If you are comfortable doing it then please
keep yourself 'muted' until such time as you wish to speak.

We will have (at least) two votes, one on the acceptance of the Accounts,
and one on the Constitutional Amendment. When we get to that point Colin
will put up a voting form on your screen, and you will then have 1 minute to
cast your vote. Counting will be done by the Zoom software; the result will
be displayed immediately after the vote.

Finally, this is obviously the first time we have had to hold the AGM in
this manner, so please be patient if we experience some teething problems.